Table Rock Dam Repair Work
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has contracted with a company to make repairs and refurbish the generator gates. The work consists of heavy equipment operation, boat operations, and scuba diver construction teams. The impact to TCAD and the community entails closure of the Route 165/265 highway over the dam during night time hours for gate removal and replacement. Additional impacts may be seen between the complete closures as construction crews reduce traffic to one lane of travel at times. First Responder agencies will need to be alert to these road closures and plan response routes accordingly.
TCAD Paramedics will not alter our SSM plan during the closures due to its location and low level impact to operations. The closure is nearly half way between TCAD Station 1 and 2, therefore we do not anticipate response delays as a result of the construction work.
Road Closure Schedule
(Subject to weather or equipment issues)
March 7, 2019 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
March 16, 2019 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
May 30, 2019 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
May 31, 2019 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
June 11, 2019 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Construction Crew Scope of Work:
- Heavy crane operators will be on top of the dam hoisting and lowering heavy equipment
- Dive boat will be in the water during the work and serves as a rescue boat
- Dive teams consist of (6) members
- (1) Non-diving foreman overseeing the diving operation
- (2) divers below surface performing work
- (1) standby diver on surface ready for rescue or assistance
- (2) diver tenders to assist crew members
- Diving operations will be conducted in approximately 20 ft. of water
Emergency Action Plan:
- Any emergency necessitating the response of EMS will be requested through 911
- EMS crews will be directed to rendezvous with rescue boat at the Moonshine Beach boat ramp
- In the event of decompression illness, transport to either Cox Medical Center Branson or Cox South Hospital
- All other traumatic injuries or illnesses should be taken to the most appropriate destination based on current protocol/medical direction.